• What is the rate of insurance if a shipment is lost or damaged?
According to the current regulations, all the accepted shipments are insured 20 USD per Kg
• Is it possible to carry Human Remains on Qeshm Air fleet?
Yes. You need to call our Cargo offices inside and outside Iran.
• What kind of food or shipment cannot be carried / forwarded?
Explosives, Chemicals, Acids, Gases, Cylinder, Weapons, Beverages such as Pickles, Lemon, Vinegar which can be either solid or liquid
• How can we carry items like sharp, glass, Chinese wear and fragile?
Generally all kinds of fragile and sharp items cannot be carried, but they can be carried under some conditions (e.g. fragile and sharp items must be in wooden boxes or technically packed)
• Is there a possibility of making an agreement to benefit from lower rate?
Yes. Such contracts can be agreed upon under certain circumstances
• How is the mass weight calculated?
Length by Width by Height divided by 6000
• What information should be provided to Qeshm Air in order to get the rates?
- a) nature of the shipment, b) total net weight, c) exact dimension of the package, d) country or city of the shipper, e) country or city of the recipient
All the ones who want to use air transport services should first send the information through mobile number, or to email@example.com via email, so that the experts can assess the rate and call you back.
• What are the required documents to get Customs Clearance/Permission?
Passenger should refer in person, with his passport and confirmed ticket. Visa should be obtained for the countries requiring visa
• are the conditions of carrying nuts?
It is acceptable, as long as the amount is not considered as commercial. Minimum allowed amount of Pistachio is 10 Kg and Saffron is 100 grams per passport. Companions cannot carry Saffron or pistachio, even within the above quantities
• What is Customs Clearance/Permission?
In order to get the Air Waybill approval, the shipper must get the permission from the customs department, which is called Customs ------
• What is Freight?
It generally means consignment/Cargo. If it is sent by air, it is called Air Freight and the aircraft carrying such items is called Air Freighter or Cargo Aircraft. In Qeshm Air international passenger flights, the maximum amount of accepted baggage is 30 Kg for economy class and 40 Kg for business class passengers. Hence, the excess baggage of the passengers which is not of commercial nature but personal items, is called freight
• Who is the forwarder?
It is the person who arranges the transport of goods from one country to another but does not have the responsibility of transporting them. Rather, he acts as a mediator between the shipper or recipient and the freight staff
• Which items are forbidden to import and export?
According to the rules and regulations of IRI Customs, importing and or exporting some of the items are totally forbidden. Some of these items are: Alcohol, Gambling stuff, Weapons and Explosives, Drugs, Publications,Pictures, Films and any item which is against National and Religious dignity, any written subject against the country religion and/ or subversive to public discipline and national dignity, other items which are forbidden by common law and/or the import or export of them are forbidden according to the Customs Tariff.
• What can inbound passengers carry with them?
Upon arrival, passengers should get a declaration form and inform the airport bank the amount of currency they are carrying. Passengers can take the declared amount when leaving the country.
• What are the conditions of carrying carpets and rugs by outbound passengers?
Passengers departing Iran can take 20 square meter hand-made carpets per each passport, regardless of the quantity. It is necessary to present ticket and passport for carrying carpets. Taking carpets and rugs to Iraq, Syria and KSA is forbidden.
• What can passengers take with them while leaving the country?
All passengers can take common and noncommercial personal belongings. Taking handcrafts is allowed, regardless of the quantity and value. Such items shall not have commercial feature. In general, passengers are allowed to carry foreign items not more than 80 USD value.
• How long can commodities be kept in customs warehouse without any liability?
The acceptable time for keeping commodities in customs warehouse is 3 months, from the date being handed customs office. In case requested by the owner or transportation companies regarding transit items and with acceptable reason according to customs decision, and paying the related storage costs until receiving the approval, the duration can be extended for another two months. If the owner does not refer to the customs office during the legal period, the commodity will be considered as derelict, and sold out.
• What is Cargo?
All the goods with commercial features purchased or intended to be sent to other countries by traders, carried by air are called Cargo.